7.22.2009

I saw this on Strobist

Wired via Strobist


This is basically was my set up to my senior show shoot. He also carries many of my philosophies on photography and shooting people. I would love to do this in Spain, the language barrier makes it complicated. I have been asking people for portraits - I do know to ask if i can take a photo. Further explanation will be difficult though.

The idea we both share: not to get hung up on gear and complicated lights. Simplicity is key.

The lighting scheme he is using is exactly what Richard Avedon used on his street shoots.

I promise to post more photos from Spain soon. I am just busy hanging out and taking photos. I don't really feel up to spend a few hours in front of my laptop, editing photos right now.

1 comment:

  1. Love the lighting he uses. I almost never never use controlled lighting. I did some for school but I don't own any of my own strobes and of course the on camera flash is often-times useless. Do you have any strobes of your own? I think I would feel too weighed down if I used strobes for my strangers project. Its already hard to motivate myself some days with the heavy tripod.

    ReplyDelete